Is now a good time to be advertising my horse business?
It can be tempting, if money is tight, to cut back on marketing, but it is at this time that you need to promote your business. Once you accept you have to spend money on promoting yourself to increase your revenue, you need to consider where to spend it.
Those selling digital media will tell you it is cheaper to advertise online than in a print publication. You need to consider, however, the return you will get on the money spent. If something is cheap upfront, but it is ineffective, then you have completely wasted your money.
Here we're going to set out some of the benefits of magazine advertising. It's worth bearing these points in mind when planning your marketing spend.
When it comes to advertising and brand awareness, many businesses think that they should only advertise online. But there are several reasons why you might want to consider advertising in print magazines as well! In this blog post, we will explore 5 of the most compelling reasons for advertising in magazines and discuss how these could affect your business's bottom line.
5 Reasons You Should Advertise in Magazines
1) The power of design: Magazines have an established design aesthetic that people can connect with more than websites do. This means that when someone sees your advertisement in a magazine, they are likely to remember it because the design is so iconic and memorable.
2) Targeting specific demographics. If you're hoping to target potential customers in a certain demographic with your marketing campaign, then print media may be the best way to do so. Magazines are generally targeted at a specific demographic and offer advertisers the opportunity for more precise targeting of their audience than other forms of print media (such as newspapers).
3) The power behind paper. People still love printed matter, including magazines! A study by UK magazine trade association IPSO found that 66% of people surveyed read a print magazine at least once in the past three months and that 65% of people surveyed said they like to have printed magazines around when travelling.
4) Longevity. If a consumer sees an online ad, they will have sight of it for a fraction of a second before they carry on scrolling (if it's a Facebook ad) or a second or less if they view it on a website whilst they're doing something else.
People keep their favourite magazines until the next edition comes out, or even longer, picking it up many times to look at over a cuppa, over lunch, whilst they're waiting for dinner to cook etc. Magazines are rarely thrown away but passed between friends, so your ad may be around for many months.
5) Attention. As you know, lots of people view online stuff on their phones, not laptops, often whilst they're doing something else, e.g. watching TV, standing in a queue or cooking dinner. They will never be as engaged with the content as they are when they sit down with their feet up to read a magazine. Therefore, your ad is far more likely to be noticed and remembered than it would if seen online, whilst the person is checking the school website or doing their weekly shop. If they are relaxed and concentrating on what they're reading, your ad will have more impact.
I know we said five, but a sixth has become more and more important over the past few years. Fake News! It's hard to trust what we see on social media.
For a few years now, research has proven that what people read in print is more credible than what they read online. This is, even more, the case since the advent of "fake news". As an advertiser in print, you can use this trust factor to your advantage.
Magazine advertisement should be a crucial part of your marketing campaign and not dismissed out of hand as old fashioned or expensive. It's worth remembering that book sales are increasing once more, as people have missed the feeling of reading a book rather than reading from a digital reader.
Do you need help with advertising?
We've been in the business of creating effective advertising campaigns for Equipreneurs for over 10 years. Horsemanship Journal and Western Horse UK have a niche audience of horse riders and owners looking for products like yours.
Our team will work with you to create an advertising campaign that gets results. Whether it's copy or design, we have the expertise and experience to make your advert stand out from the crowd.
With our packages, many come with design included! You can save time and money by letting us handle all aspects of your ad campaign. It's easier than ever before to get started on an advertisement today!
One of our experienced designers can create an attractive and effective advert for you. Prices start from £30 depending on the size and complexity, contact us for more information: 01245 939001 [email protected] or keep in touch by email 👇