Well, I think this has been the muddiest winter for a long time, I'm sure we have all had enough of tramping through boggy gateways and washing horse’s legs (or brushing it off once dried). As you read this, I hope you are somewhere comfy, warm and dry and can take some time out to enjoy our February articles.
We benefit from Al Dunning's 50-year career with the first in a new series of articles called ‘Making of a Champion’. Ben Longwell breaks down why the correct training and handling when it comes to our horse's feet, is essential for their education, and our safety. Joe Midgley explains why understanding reach is key to your horse's education.
In other news, I am excited to be working on ‘Horsemanship Hour Live’. Horsemanship Hour Live is a free online event that you can watch from the comfort of your sofa. Each episode will cover a different topic, with expert guests. Our second episode is on the 15th of April, and my first guest is Phillipa Christie, discussing - Anatomy: implications of the industry on equine development and welfare.
16. GUY ROBERTSON & ARCHIE’S ADVENTURES | WHUK/HJ equine ambassador Archie spends time with Guy Robertson and puts him through his paces!
18. COWBOYS - A DOCUMENTARY PORTRAIT | We enjoyed an exclusive screening of this wonderful film, read our review here.
26. GUY MCLEAN | Long Lining in pre-ride training.
8. ASK THE VET | Artificial Insemination
10. JOE MIDGLEY | The importance of reach
12. BEN LONGWELL - TRUE WEST HORSEMANSHIP | Handling the feet
20. BRANDON MCAUSLAN | Employing Signal - an introductory exercise
24. AL DUNNING | Making of a Champion - Part 1
34. BUSINESS MAP | The only western business directory
38. BARBRA SCHULTE | It’s not all in your head
36. UK PAINT HORSE ASSOCIATION
39. UK BARREL HORSE ASSOCIATION
6. EMMA BARRETT | A lesson with Alan Payne
32. HAYLEIGH MIDGLEY | Knowing your horse